Penobscot Valley Ski Club will again conduct a youth Nordic ski development group on the Reeds Brook Trails in Hampden for all area students in grades 5 thru 8. Personal transportation is required to/from RB Trails.
- Have fun Nordic skiing!
- Enjoy the snow and fresh air!
- Get some healthy outdoor winter exercise!
- Improve Nordic ski techniques – both classic and skate.
- Possible weekend recreational group trips based on interest and snow conditions.
- Available weekend Youth Nordic Races for interested skiers on an individual skier/family basis.
- Own or rent Nordic ski equipment (required): $65/season for rental equipment (skis, boots & poles) thru OSI Healthy Hometowns Program (available to grade 8 and under). Equipment fitting & pick up coordinated thru local Parks & Rec Program. Check with your Rec Program for fitting dates & times. In Hampden there is a ski lease fit night is December 1st & 8th from 4:00-5:30pm at Reeds Brook Middle School.
- Current Membership in Penobscot Valley Ski Club (required): $28 per individual or $40 per family. Join here!
- All weekday training will meet at Reeds Brook Middle School back entrance
- 2:45 pm to 4:30 pm (may vary depending on daylight hours).
- No organized practice/training during Christmas or February school vacations.
- Pre-season (commencing Thursday, December 15th):
- 1 day/week: Thurs. Dec. 15th & Tuesday December 20th
- Regular season (commencing Tuesday, January 3rd):
- 2 days/week: Tuesdays and Thursdays (or Fridays)
Contact Peter Buzzini (firstname.lastname@example.org or 318-3772) for more information.