Wondering why you should become a member or what exactly PVSC is all about? The Penobscot Valley Ski Club, formally incorporated in 1941, is one of Maine’s oldest ski clubs. Beginning in the late 1930s, the club played a significant role at local ski areas on Bald Mountain in Dedham and Kings Mountain in Orrington. In 1969, the club sold their share of the Dedham parcel and left the ski area business. Today the club continues to promote alpine and Nordic skiing in the region through information, instruction, and competition.
Online membership registration opens 9/15/2016!!!
What are the benefits are membership?
- Alpine Learn-to-Ski/Snowboard and Racing Development programs at Hermon Mountain.
- Nordic Learn-to-Ski and Racing Development programs at several area venues, including Hampden and Orono.
- Club meetings, socials, group outings and outdoor-related presentations.
- 2-night ski trip to venues near Quebec City.
- Annual Hut-to-Hut Nordic ski trip in western Maine.
- Discounts at Bangor’s Ski Rack Sports and Hermon Mountain – present your membership card!
- Corporate discount voucher at Sugarloaf and Sunday River. You must bring your PVSC membership card to the ticket window to redeem your voucher. (Voucher entitles bearer to $10 off ticket window price for up to 4 ski tickets. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org FMI!)
- Weekend day bus trips to Sugarloaf
- Our newsletter, Snowflurries
- Support Nordic grooming efforts in the greater Bangor area
The price of membership is $28 for individuals or $40 for families.